Sometimes last month MTN Nigeria introduced a service called MTN Xtratime. This service enables prepaid subscribers to borrow airtime and use. This service comes handy when your airtime gets busted in the middle of a very important call or in a region where you cant get a recharge card for several reasons (this service bailed me out recently…lol). I bet MTN Xtratime is a life saver, not the first to offer this tho (Airtel started long ago) but glad MTN now offer thesame service.
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR MTN XTRATIME
To be eligible to borrow airtime using MTN Xtratime, you must meet certain requirements which include;
- Your Line must be at least a year old
- Your account balance must be below #12
To check if you meet MTN Xtratime requirement: Dial *606#, answer with 1 and press send. your eligibility status will be sent via text.
HOW TO BORROW AIRTIME FROM MTN
- To borrow airtime from Xtratime, dial *606# on your phone, press answer, type 2 and press Send.
- You will be presented with another menu to select the amount of airtime you would like to borrow (usually in multiples of #50)
- Type the number that corresponds to the amount you will like to borrow e.g type 1 to borrow #50 or type 2 to borrow #100 etc.
- Press send. That’s it, you should get a confirmation message that you have been credited
OTHER USEFUL MTN XTRATIME CODES
After dialing *606#,
- Press 1 to check Xtratime eligibility status
- Press 2 to borrow airtime
- Press 3 to check Xtratime balance
- Press 4 to check Xtratime history
MTN XTRATIME FAQ
- How much does MTN Xtratime service cost? The service attracts a 10% charge i.e #5 on every #50 you borrow, which will be deducted immediately from the borrowed airtime i.e If you are borrowing #50 you will be credited #45, If you are borrowing #100 you will be credited #90 etc
- How much can borrow on MTN Xtratime? According to MTN, the system automatically generate a list of amount you are eligible to borrow (probably based on your recharge records) ranging from #50, 100, 150 etc.
- How many time can i borrow on MTN Xtratime before paying back? Based on my personal experience, i have been able to borrow #150 twice (max) before paying back, you can try your luck 😛
- How do i pay back? Your debt will automatically be deducted when next you recharge. So don’t be amazed when you recharge and your airtime disappear 😛
Feel free to ask additional questions. You can add to my list of FAQ via comments.