For Android OS.
- Open WhatsApp, Click the three vertical dots on the upper right of your screen to navigate to “Settings” and click “Account.”
- Uncheck “Share my account info” . A pop-up box will ask if you are sure you don’t want WhatsApp to share your data with Facebook. Tap “Don’t share.”
- Your screen should now look like this, without “Share my account info”. (Note: if you’ve not completed the above steps and your screen looks like the image below, you “probably” don’t have the latest WhatsApp on your phone)
For Apple iOS
- Open WhatsApp, Click “Settings” and click “Account.”
- Toggle “Share my account info” to the left. A pop-up box will ask if you are sure you don’t want WhatsApp to share your data with Facebook. Tap “Don’t share.”
- Your screen should look like this, with “Share my account info” greyed out.
PS: Your WhatsApp information will still be passed to Facebook for other purposes such as “improving infrastructure and delivery systems, understanding how [Facebook and WhatsApp] services…are used, securing systems, and fighting spam, abuse, or infringement activities.” Changing your settings as shown above only ensures that Facebook will not use your WhatsApp data to suggest friends or serve ads.
Fear not, “Nothing you share on WhatsApp, including your messages, photos, and account information, will be shared onto Facebook or any of our other family of apps for others to see, and nothing you post on those apps will be shared on WhatsApp for others to see”
Thanks for your time, I would like to know your thoughts via comments :).