It is no longer news that you can now open and manage a paypal account in Nigeria without any stress or worry of getting banned. This development came as a good news to many and some have been reacting to this new development due to the fact that a paypal account opened in Nigeria is limited to the “send money” feature i.e you cannot receive payment with it, you can only buy goods/pay bills with it, let’s leave that story for another day 😉 straight to business. In this post i’ll put you through on how to open a paypal account in Nigeria, how to verify it (link with your bank account) and how to fund it. Leggo!
HOW TO OPEN PAYPAL ACCOUNT IN NIGERIA
- The first thing you need to do is head on to www.paypal.com/ng , Click on Sign Up
- Confirm that your country is selected as “Nigeria”, Click “Open an Account” under Individual account type
- Fill all the necessary details and click “Agree and Create Account” button. (You should uncheck the “link my credit card” section, we will get to that much latter)
- Complete the security challenge by typing the characters you see in the image, click on “Continue”.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to enter your credit card (i.e your Mastercard or Visa ATM card) details, Enter your correct credit card details and make sure the billing address matches the one you used in Opening your bank account. Click on continue.
HOW TO VERIFY YOUR NIGERIA PAYPAL ACCOUNT
- Login to your email account, Open the confirmation link that was sent to you by paypal and click on “Link Now”, you will be taken to a new page requesting you to enter your password to confirm your email, kindly comply.
- After you’ve done that you will be redirected to your account dashboard, Click the “Get Verified” link or “Link and confirm my debit or credit card” link
- You will be redirected to another page to confirm the credit card details you’ve entered before, check to see if everything is in order, Click on “Continue”.
- All things being equal, Paypal will charge your card $1.95 (which will be refunded latter) to confirm the card belongs to you and to send you a confirmation code which will reflect in your bank statement.
- Once you receive a debit sms/email alert from your bank (mine took upto 3hours), lookout for the 4-digit code in the transaction description (mine looked like this “PP*3052CODE”, in this case 3052 is my 4-digit confirmation code)
- Now login to your Paypal account and click “Confirm My debit or Credit Card”, Enter the 4-digit code you got from your bank statement/alert in the space provided and click “Confirm Card” button.
- Congrats! you just verified your paypal, no more limitation
HOW TO FUND YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT IN NIGERIA
Funding your Nigeria Paypal account is the easiest part cos it is automatic, once you’ve linked your credit card with your Paypal account your bank account funds are available to use on Paypal. So whenever you need funds on Paypal, all you have to do is pay into your bank account and it will be available on Paypal.
WARNING!!! ALWAYS KEEP YOUR PAYPAL EMAIL AND PASSWORD SAFE, ONCE YOUR PAYPAL IS HACK*D YOUR BANK ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY HACK*D!!!