Since I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 to KitKat, rooting it was a challenge i faced but glad i overcame. In this guide i’ll show you how to root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 / GT-I9195 KitKat in 3 mins (this method works for most phones too).
For those asking, what is rooting? Rooting simply means unlocking your phone to do greater exploits, sounds complicated?..lol.. Rooting your gadget will give you full administrator (Super User) access on your device, this will give you the liberty to install thousands of tweaks, skins and new apps that you should not miss out on. Still dont know why you should root your device? Click here
Before rooting, I’ll advise you to backup your device in case something goes wrong (which is v.rare though).
- On your phone, go to Settings >> Security and enable installing apps from unknown sources.
- Download Towelroot here
- Install Towelroot on your phone and grant it any access requested.
- Open Towelroot and click on “make it rain“
- Sit back and watch the magic happen. You’ll be notified once rooting has been completed
- Confirm your phone has been rooted by installing Root checker here .
Congratulations! your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190 / GT-I9195) has just been rooted.
Based on my findings this rooting method works for all phones running Android KitKat except Motorola or HTC phones.
Kindly comment if you encounter any issue or have a suggestion/easier method.
Remember to use the share button.